The last large six cylinder Rolls Royce to emerge from the design studio of F. Henry Royce proved to be a worthy replacement for the New Phantom and Silver Ghost models that helped establish Rolls Royce as ‘The Best Car in the World”. With a massive 7.7 Liter engine, a new chassis design with underslung rear springs that allowed coachbuilders to lower overall body height, and a 4 speed manual transmission with synchromesh on the top two gears the Phantom II represented state of the art technology when introduced in 1929. This 1934 Phantom II Touring Saloon with coachwork by Park Ward is one of the 278 short wheelbase Continental chassis Phantom II’s that left the factory between 1929 and 1936. Factory records indicate that 8SK was fitted with dual sidemount spare tires and the Type F steering box, more suitable for long distance touring than the standard ratios specified for in town driving. Fortunately 8SK has a documented ownership history beginning with its original delivery to E. Graham Guest of Edinburgh, Scotland. 8SK crossed the Atlantic in 1960 and soon found its way into the hands of Neil Kirkman, a discerning California Rolls Royce collector. A complete, no expense spared restoration was performed in the 1980’s prior to the car winning the Silverado and Hillsborough Concours d’Elegance and being declared Best of Show at the 1986 Art Deco Concours. In 1991 8SK was awarded a Rolls Royce Owners Club First in Class Award, after these accomplishments it fell to the hands of a private collector. Complete restoration and maintenance documents are included with the Phantom II as well as the original order specifications and factory test card.